The Wizard Of Oz - L. Frank Baum
The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum Rating: 5/5

Read from July 22 to August 03, 2013 — I own a copy
This Review has light spoilers.
This book is one of those cases that the movie is good, but so does not do justice for the book.

The movie left out so much that I would have loved to have seen in the movie. Naturally, some things that are in the book, I’m glad they left out because it is not meant to be seen by younger audiences; unless you make an Adult/Young Adult version like they do with the fairy tales these days. But I did enjoy the book. It took me so long to read it because I just wasn’t in the mood to read but it is good.
One of my favorite parts of the book were when they went to kill the Wicked Witch of the West and ran into the Winkies. And another part was the China People. Both of them I enjoyed.

This book is one of my favorites this year. There are some parts in this book that I wouldn’t suggest for younger children (Under 10 y/o, and even that’s kind of pushing it, depending on your child).

There was a part where the Tinman chopped off a few heads, and for me, younger children, if they’re a little more sensitive to that type of violence, I wouldn't suggest you let them read it until you know they can handle it. It didn't get detailed beyond saying he chopped off the heads but still, that much could upset some kids if they are sensitive. And there is also a part with a large spider as well.

I generally try to keep spoilers out of my reviews, but in this case, for those who haven’t read the book yet, I wanted to give some idea what was in it. Now, I don’t know if all editions are the same, but the one I read had those things mentioned in the spoilers. If you like classics, I would suggest this book to anyone.