The Crowns of Croswald - D.E. Night

I tried to read it, a couple times but it was a struggle to get into it and I didn't even get good into the second chapter. I won this on a Booklikes Give-a-way and I had hoped I liked it but was nervous about it while I still tried to get past how I was feeling but there was just something about it that kept screaming: "No! Not for you!".

I can't sit here and tell anyone else how to feel about it because we all have different tastes, it's just not in mine.

It just seems a bit too young for my tastes, almost middle grade. Maybe it is and maybe that is why I can't get into it. Middle grade for me is hit or miss, mostly miss. There are some here and there that I read, get through & enjoy, some, I've even loved (i.e. Zorgamazoo, I loved! I think a lot of it was the narrator but if the story wasn't worth anything, not even the narrator could have saved it. Right now, I am also on Harry Potter, I do like the books but prefer the audio-books to just sitting and reading it, but, I'm off the topic of this book).

I am doing my review here because on Goodreads, I'd have marked it as read in order to put it down as DNF'd and it wouldn't be fair to mark it as read if I didn't even make it past chapter two. For me, to mark it as read, although I didn't finish it, I'd have to have gotten at least half to three-fourths of the way through it.

So, I will just take it to my local used book store and hopefully there will be a young person who will find it and Fangirl/Fanboy all over it.

Best Wishes to this author, I hope you have much success in the world of writing. :-)