Smoke Screen: A Novel - Sandra Brown

Although the book wasn't horrible, I found myself getting frustrated sometimes. I kept wondering: When will this be over? Do I really want to finish it? Well, it finally ended and evidently I wanted to know what happened, so, I finished it.

I think she is helping to really get me to understand why I tend to stick with YA and why I'm so wary about adult books now. Although this one wasn't as bad as Envy, she did do the sex scenes. It's not so much that she does them, it's how descriptive she gets. I personally don't need all the detail. I've got two kids, I get it! I know what sex is! Lol...Call me a prude, but it's just a personal thing. Whether it's a book, friend, movie, etc, I don't need graphic detail. But, I know there are others out there that are fine with it and I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't mind it. It's all about preference. I guess that's ONE reason I never read the 50 Shades series (or whatever it was).

I like most of the characters well enough. The ones I suspected, she'd shift to another, then shift to another direction right to the end. And that's what I love about Brown's books and why I keep going back. In typical Brown form, she keeps you guessing! I guess I just need to put on my big girl undies and deal with the sex scenes (within reason). As I said, this one wasn't too bad, maybe three scenes. But for me, I just wasn't feeling this one. I kept getting bored and losing interest.