Frostbite - Richelle Mead

The book itself was a lot better than I expected it to be. I went into it not quite so sure what I'd think because I hadn't been able to get into vampire books since Twilight. I don't remember a lot about how I felt about the first book because it had been so long since reading it. I know this book had been out when I picked up the first..but I'm not totally sure if the third had been out or not. I do remember enjoying Vampire Academy enough to try going onto this one, but couldn't get into it at that time. I wasn't sure if I ever would. I'm glad I did give it a try though. Although Rose got on my nerves many times, I just kept reminding myself that she's young. And I know at 17/18 years old, I was so foolish and did a lot of dumb things! So, I gave her that. The angst didn't even get on my nerves much!! The book kept me interested, even if it didn't have much action until towards the end.

The narrator was beyond annoying reading her voice! She could go a little deeper reading other's voice, men and women alike, but she made Rose sound like a 12 year old girl! I was able to tune it out throughout most of it. Then, there were times I wanted to reach through my Kindle and just shake her! Lol...Other than the annoying voice, she did pretty well.